Chinese New Year is coming up! Work is winding down, and if you’re celebrating, you may need to find the time to rest and recover from all the festivities. If you aren’t celebrating, then this is definitely a good opportunity to rest and recover!
The American Council on Exercise (ACE) has some ideas for how you can choose to optimise your rest and recovery time! Among the options ACE suggests, they put forward trying self-massage with the following essential oils:
- Black Pepper – soothes muscular aches and pains after exertion
- Clove Bud – provides muscular relief and has analgesic and antibacterial properties
- Peppermint – improves circulation and helps with muscular pain and headaches
- Ginger – promotes circulation and helps with muscular and arthritis pain
- Rosemary – helps with tired muscles and arthritis as well as mental focus
- Thyme – helps the immune, respiratory and circulatory systems
For me, I like using doTERRA’s AromaTouch® blend, or if there is any pain, doTERRA’s Deep Blue® blend. Maybe you could also try Wintergreen with Lavender, that should be a soothing blend for a massage. Click here to read more on my thoughts about AromaTouch®! Click here to read about my experiences with Deep Blue®!
Aside from that, I enjoy restorative yoga, stretching whenever I can and also sleep!
What do you do for your rest and recovery? Tell me in the comments below!