If anything, the loss of someone or something precious to you will give you lessons on impermanence and accepting change.
In the lead-up to the hospitalisation and the death of my father, I was introduced to wisdom from several people. One of them, Pema Chödrön, stands out – although all of them really helped in my spiritual journey in grief.
I decided to write a standalone piece on the wisdom that helped me, and you can read it below:
9 Pema Chödrön Quotes that helped me in my grief.
The full piece is at Elephant Journal, read it here.
Here are a few quotes that I like:
- “Fear is a natural reaction to moving closer to the truth.”
- “The most difficult times for many of us are the ones we give ourselves.”
- “When we protect ourselves so we won’t feel pain, that protection becomes like armor, like armor that imprisons the softness of the heart.”
- “Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know.”
Nine Pema Chödrön Quotes that Helped me in my Grief.
Let me know if you liked the piece, or if you have any feedback at all for me!
Yoga For Grief
A FREE online immersion through the chakras
A FREE 5-Day online yoga immersive course that will help you to:
- find some peace and respite from grief through the exploration of your body and mind through yoga
- practise tools and processes to help you find clarity and compassion in your sorrow
- find a way forward through grief that will honour who or what you have lost.