Loss can bring about the destruction of your identity, especially if you strongly associate with who or what you lost. This can be a relationship, a job, a home, or a loved one or a pet, and even your sense of self.
It is much like receiving the Tower is a tarot card, which represents sudden change, upheaval, and destruction. It can be a difficult card to receive, as it often signals the end of something that we have built our lives around.
When we experience a loss, it can be easy to feel like we have lost our identity. We may no longer know who we are or what we want. We may feel lost, confused, and alone.
The Tower card reminds us that change is inevitable. It also reminds us that we are stronger than we think. We can rebuild our lives after a loss, but it takes time and effort.
Rebuilding an Identity After Loss.
The first step in rebuilding an identity after loss is to allow yourself to grieve. This means feeling the pain of the loss, both emotionally and physically. It is important to allow yourself to cry, to be angry, and to feel whatever else you are feeling.
Once you have begun to grieve, you can start to think about rebuilding your life. This may mean making changes to your lifestyle, your career, or your relationships. It may also mean finding new ways to express yourself and connect with your community.
There are many different modalities that can help with the healing process after loss. Some people find journaling to be helpful, while others prefer to talk to a therapist or counsellor. There are also many support groups available for people who have experienced similar losses.
It is important to find what works best for you and to be patient with yourself. Rebuilding an identity after loss takes time and effort, but it is possible.
Modalities for Healing in Relation to Loss of Identity.
In addition to therapy and journaling, there are many other modalities that can help with the healing process after loss. Some of these include:
- Art therapy: Art therapy can be a helpful way to express your emotions and to process your grief. You can create art in any form that feels comfortable to you, such as painting, drawing, or sculpting.
- Music therapy: Music therapy can be a powerful tool for healing. Listening to music, singing, or playing an instrument can help to calm your mind and body, and to express your emotions.
- Nature therapy: Spending time in nature can be a great way to connect with yourself and with the world around you. It can also help to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Bodywork: Bodywork, such as massage or yoga, can help to release tension and stress, and to improve your overall sense of well-being.
If you are struggling to cope with the loss of an identity, it is important to seek professional help. A therapist can help you to understand your grief, to develop coping mechanisms, and to rebuild your life.
Seek Professional Help.
If you are struggling to cope with the loss of an identity, please know that you are not alone. There are many people who have experienced similar losses and who have found healing. It is important to reach out for help if you need it. A therapist can help you to understand your grief, to develop coping mechanisms, and to rebuild your life.
The Star card: the way forward after loss.
The Star tarot card is a symbol of hope, renewal, and inspiration. It appears after the Tower card, as a sign that the storm has passed and that the sun is beginning to shine again.
The Star card reminds us that even in the darkest of times, there is always hope. It is a call to us to reach for the stars and to believe in ourselves.
When we are rebuilding our identity after loss, the Star card can offer us guidance and inspiration. It can help us to remember that we are strong and resilient, and that we can create a new life for ourselves that is even better than the old one.
If you are struggling to rebuild your identity after loss, the Star card is a reminder that you are not alone. There is hope, and you can create a new life for yourself that is even better than the old one.Here are some additional thoughts on the way forward with a reflection on the Star card from the tarot:
- Allow yourself to grieve. The first step to healing is to allow yourself to feel the pain of the loss. This may be difficult, but it is important to express your emotions in a healthy way.
- Find new sources of support. The people and things that you used to rely on may no longer be there for you. It is important to find new sources of support, such as friends, family, therapy, or support groups.
- Take care of yourself. Make sure that you are eating healthy, getting enough sleep, and exercising. Caring for yourself physically and mentally will help you to cope with the stress of loss.
- Set goals for yourself. Having something to work towards can help you to feel like you are moving forward. Set small, achievable goals for yourself, and celebrate your successes along the way.
- Be patient with yourself. It takes time to heal from loss. Don’t expect to be back to your old self overnight. Be patient with yourself and give yourself the time and space you need to heal.
There is hope after loss. With time, healing, and support, you can rebuild your identity and create a new life for yourself that is even better than the old one.
I hope this blog post has been helpful. If you need support with grieving through yoga, meditation, mindfulness and energy healing, please feel free to contact me. I’m here to support you.
Yoga For Grief
A FREE online immersion through the chakras
A FREE 5-Day online yoga immersive course that will help you to:
- find some peace and respite from grief through the exploration of your body and mind through yoga
- practise tools and processes to help you find clarity and compassion in your sorrow
- find a way forward through grief that will honour who or what you have lost.